Alms Houses of Alford
The Almshouses were built in the "West Field". Sir Robert Christopher left money for the project. His money also used in purchasing land for the support of six poor people. There is still a charge on a portion of land in Rigsby.
The Alms Houses were rebuilt by Lady Mary Hamilton in 1870. They still stand in West Street and make comfortable homes for four Senior Citizens.